As we approach the end of the fiscal year, we would like to remind departments of the following:
For Budget Officers—Please be aware of the following accounting policy for invoices and travel:
- Only invoices and credit card charges for materials received or services actually rendered on or before June 30, 2023 will be recognized as 2022-23 expenditures.
- Materials received or services rendered on/after July 1, 2023 will be recognized as 2023-24 expenditures.
- Conferences including registration, hotel and airfare for conference dates occurring on/after July 1, 2023 will be recorded as expenditures in the 2023-24 fiscal year. We will review the date the event occurs, it is not based on being submitted or paid before June 30th.
For All—Keep the following in mind throughout the year:
- Submit your reimbursable expenditures on a timely basis within the preferred 60 days from the travel.
- Reimbursements at end of fiscal year are due within 15 days of June 30.