I wanted to send a note to let you know about various projects that will be taking place this summer. We are still in the planning and coordination phase on a couple, and many are weather dependent, so please stay tuned to EC Today / Wingra Weekly for specific updates.
Below is a list of projects that we have planned for this summer.
· Weber Hall will receive new carpet and paint. This will be a summer-long project. Access to the residence hall portion of the building will be limited at times.
· DeRicci Single Stall Restroom Remodel. This restroom will be made accessible and is located near DeRicci 227. We will be building an enclosure around the area to minimize noise and debris in the hallway during renovation. There will be a noticeable distraction in the hallway area. Work will take place end of May and likely be complete by July 15th.
· Library Single Stall Restroom Remodel. This single stall restroom is currently behind a locked door. We will remove the door and make this restroom accessible to all. Work will take place end of May through July 15th.
· Veteran’s Office Improvements. This will mainly affect the mail room area and Veteran’s Office. Possible material storage in hallway as needed on 1st Floor DeRicci.
· Stevie Hall 1st Floor HVAC Improvements. The 1st floor will receive upgrades to the room HVAC units.
· Edgedome Improvements. There will be numerous projects in the Edgedome ranging from equipment removal and abatement to flooring and painting upgrades. There are times the entire Edgedome will be closed. Work will take place throughout the summer.
· Ramp Repairs. This will be a summer long project with times that areas of the ramp are closed. Stay tuned to EC Today for updates.
· Campus Wide Roadway / Parking Lot / Sidewalk Repairs. We are finalizing timelines for this work now. It is very weather dependent so it is difficult to commit to a timeline.
· Stream HVAC. There will be upgrades to the Stream exhaust system. Most of this will not have much impact to the building, but there will be approximately one week that requires the HVAC to be shut down entirely.
· Dominican Hall. The Psychology Department will have lab space on the ground floor of Dominican Hall. Personal Counseling and Health Services will also be moving to the ground floor of Dominican. Renovations to this space will take place throughout the summer. These areas will be in their new locations and ready to open at the beginning of Fall Semester 2017.
· Landscape Improvements. The area between the Campus School and Regina East will receive enhanced drainage and a garden. Other small landscape projects may take place throughout the summer.
· Boardwalk Repairs. As you may be aware, the Boardwalk currently has sections closed due to structural damage. A barge will be brought in this summer to lift up currently submerged areas. Communications will be sent to update you via EC Today on the status of the Boardwalk.
· Building Power Washing, Carpet Cleaning and Window Cleaning. These projects will take place throughout the summer.
· Light Pole Replacements. Existing light poles have reached their anticipated lifecycle, and a portion of them will be replaced this summer.
Please contact me directly if you have any questions or would like to discuss any of these projects in further detail.
Thank you and have a great summer!
Director of Facilities Operations