From Amber Schultz, V.P. Enrollment Management:
The Enrollment Management Division intends to continuously inform the campus community of our efforts and progress towards enrollment goals as well as ask you to help with enrollment efforts. This is the first of regular enrollment management updates you can expect to find in EC Today. Please let Amber Schultz, Vice President for Enrollment Management, know if there is additional data/information you would like to see in future updates.
Upcoming Recruitment Events:
- Oct 9- MBA in Healthcare Administration Open House
- Oct 10- High School Counselor breakfast
- Oct 16- Graduate Open House for Education programs
- Oct 22- Masters in Art Therapy Open House
- Oct 23- Men’s VB Open House
- Oct 24- Lacrosse Open House
- Oct 25- Fall Preview Day
- Oct 25- Masters –ESL/Bilingual Networking
- Oct 1-31- Masters- Organizational Leadership and Change Virtual Open House
- Nov 2- Sneak Peak Saturday
Most colleges and universities across the country receive a majority of their applications for the following academic year from new entering direct from high school students during the month of October and October is celebrated as College Knowledge Month (a national campaign to help students apply to college). At Edgewood College our focus in October is on building the applicant pool. Everyone on campus can help build the applicant pool and we need the help.
Edgewood College has 66% more inquiries right now vs last year at this time but so far we have fewer applications than we did last year at this time. We are aggressively reaching out to all of our prospects and inquiries to drive students to apply for admission. For more information on what UG Admissions is doing check out the working draft of our recruitment plan. We would like to increase the number of applications received in October by 50% over last year. We need the campus community to:
- Look into implementing a student promoter program in your department.
- Reach out to prospective students with a phone call, email, or text.
For more information on the student promoter program and how to reach your prospective students attend an upcoming recruitment session on Oct 10 at 12 noon in PRD 115B or Oct 11 at 9am in PRD 307. If you cannot attend contact Ambschultz@Edgewood.edu.