There are many factors that help a new student flourish when arriving on campus and remain prosperous once there. Orientation is a critical time of transition in which students begin the process of identity formation as college students, members of the Edgewood College community and leaders within that community. New Student Orientation aids in the successful transition for students who are eager to start their new experience and continue successfully through their college journey!
We need you!
This call for proposals strives to intentionally create an interactive environment that provides students with valuable resources and start establishing connections with students, faculty and staff. In an effort to provide an individualized experience for students, New Student Orientation has a conference style framework for where students chose the programming that they would most benefit from. We are working to create a student-centered experience that speaks to the needs of individual students and to connect students with more of the amazing faculty, staff and students who will be resources for them during their college journey.
Grab a Proposal packet from the OSII Student Info Desk (2nd floor Predolin) or please contact Shaunda Brown at SBrownClopton@Edgewood.Edu
NOTE: All sessions should be engaging and include an interactive component.
The goals and objectives of New Student Orientation at Edgewood College are:
- To center diversity, inclusion and intercultural dialogue as a necessary component of living our core values
- To create an atmosphere that minimizes anxiety, promotes positive attitudes, and stimulates an excitement for learning.
- Provide opportunities for community and relationship building among new and returning.[
- Connect new students with campus community members whom can assist them if they have questions or face challenges and serve as resources, mentors and guides moving forward.
- To introduce students to college services which will support their educational and personal goals.
- To introduce students to academic life on Edgewood College’s campus including how we connect learning, belief and actions with a liberal arts tradition that is informed by the Dominican stadium.
- Provide opportunity for students to discover the Edgewood College values.
- To provide students with information on expectations for Edgewood College students both in and outside of the classroom
- Provide opportunities for students to learn about wellness, healthy relationships and how to take care of yourself and others.
Due May 25st - We will be in touch throughout the month of June to let people know if their presentation has been accepted.