SAVE THE DATE! Fall 2019 Career Week is September 20th – 27th
What is it? Career Week presents an exciting series of workshops, alumni and employer discussions, networking opportunities and special events designed to provide opportunities for student personal and professional growth and development.
If you are interested in partnering during Fall 2019 Career Week, please contact email@example.com. Let us know the day/time of your class/meeting and what type of session you are interested in. Have a new idea to partner – please share it with us!
Ways to partner:
- MOCK INTERVIEWS: Friday, September 20th: Alumni and employers will be on campus to assist students in preparing for interviews and give constructive feedback to improve students’ interviewing and networking skills. Interviews last 30 minutes. Consider giving students extra credit for participating!
- CAREER MIXER: Thursday, September 26th: Students are invited to participate in this forum to meet with employers and alumni regarding internship and full-time job opportunities, as well as make connections and learn about future opportunities. All students are welcome and recommended to participate!
- Hold a workshop during class for students on a topic such as Cover Letters/Resumes, Interviews, Internship & Job Search Strategies, LinkedIn Tutorial.
- Have a discussion with alumni in class: These discussions tie in well with our COR questions: how alumni developed a sense of self in their career; discuss their journey in choosing a major and how they prepared for their chosen career path; how a liberal arts education contributed to their success.
- Invite guest speakers to your class: The Academic Success and Career Development Center can invite employers to speak to classes about internships and job opportunities in their field of study, or a topic around career development from an employer perspective. (Employers ask to participate in these events, they want to meet your students!) Other organizations, such as AmeriCorps and Peace Corps, or graduate schools are also an option.
How it helps students: In response to the question – “What was most helpful to you in Career Week” students said:
- “That we went as a class. It’s hard to fit these things in with a busy schedule and I appreciate my professor taking us.”
- “Hearing different stories from alumni now established in their field speak directly and honestly about how they found their path and what challenges they overcame.”
- “It helped me connect more and expand my network. It helped me feel more confident in my choice of major.”
- “The networking and mock interviews events were very meaningful to me. I have met people and I get to practice my interview skills.”
Thank you! We look forwarding to partnering!
Thank you to all who have partnered in previous Career Weeks. We value your collaboration in providing opportunities for students to grow in their career development!